Teeball season runs from October 2019 to March 2020, with a break between mid December and the end of January.
Games for our 6/7 and 8/9 children are played in an ungraded competition at Carine Open Space from 8:30am to 11am each Saturday morning.
Currently the club is in negotiations with neighbouring clubs for a home and away competition for our 10/11/12 & 13 children.Home games are held at Carine Open Space with away games TBC. All games will be played at either 8:30am or 10:00am on Saturday, in addition to these regular games there will be up to two additional twilight games fixtures throughout the season.
Check out the Calendar of Events for the dates of major club events.
Teeball Age Groups
Our club will conduct the following competitions in the 2019/20 season:
|Division||Eligibility (born between)**||School Year in 2019||Venue and Time|
Boys 6s & 7s
Girls 6s & 7s
|1 July 2012 and 30 June 2014*||Year 1 or Pre-Primary||Carine Open Space
Time: 8:30am to 9:30am
Boys 8s & 9s
Girls 8s & 9s
|1 July 2010 and 30 June 2012||Year 2 or 3||Carine Open Space
Time; 10am to 11am
Boys 10s, 11s, 12s & 13s
|1 July 2006 and 30 June 2010||Year 4,5,6 & 7||Home games at Carine Open Space.
Away games TBC
Time; 8:30am to 9:30am.
|Girls 10s, 11s, 12s & 13s||The senior girls have a choice of competitions as per the next two rows:|
|Girls Only comp||1 July 2006 and 30 June 2010||Year 4,5,6 & 7||Home games at Carine Open Space
Time: 8:30am to 9:30am.
|Inter club Mixed comp||1 July 2006 and 30 June 2010||Year 4,5,6 & 7||Home games at Carine Open Space.
Away games TBC
Time: 8:30am to 9:30am.
*Kindy age children born in the second half of the year may be eligible to play. This is dependent on availability and permitted by the Tee-ball committee. Please email our registrar at email@example.com for all under age registrations.
Don’t worry please email our registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org with your child’s full name and date of birth, you will then be added to our wait list for that division. Once numbers are finalized we will contact you to confirm availability. Please Note: Due to numbers we can not guarantee wait listed players will be assigned to their preferred team.
Fees are $120 per player.
Fees include playing uniform and equipment (to be returned at the end of the season), trophy, team photo, TBAWA registration and insurance levy. New players are provided with a club hat & socks to keep. All players require their own glove. A mouthguard is recommended.
This year all payment must be made by credit card/PayPal during the registration process. Valid Kidsport Vouchers will be reimbursed with confirmation by relevant councils.
|Credit Card/PayPal||Pay online when registering online|
|Kidsport Voucher||Information about eligibility and online applications for kidsport vouchers can be found at this link:
Refunds will be given up until 31 October 2019, subject to a $20 administration fee. No refunds will be issued after that date.
The main philosophy of the Allocation Policy is to try and provide an even competition in each age group while enabling children to play with at least some of their friends. To this end, the following guidelines will be followed:
- The results of last year’s competition will be reviewed. The side that won and lost most of their games by significant margins will be earmarked for redistribution for this season.
- The re-distribution will be done on the basis that from 2 to 6 players from the strongest side will be swapped with the same number from the weakest side, trying to maintain peer groups as much as possible. Players preferences received in writing and the coach’s assessment sheets will be used to determine which players will be moved. It will not always be possible to meet all players’ preferences.
- The Club recognises the value of players being able to maintain friendship groups and as such, will endeavour to place children in a team with some of their nominated friends. However, it is not guaranteed that the teams will be able to move together as a whole team through the years.
- Teams are made up of players from two year groups e.g. Junior teams are made up of 6s & 7s, and all attempts are made to have an even mix of ages in each team.
- Where practical in the older age groups, interdistrict (States) players will be spread as evenly as possible across all teams. The senior teams is a non-graded competition. There may be there may be more interdistrict players in some of these teams than others.
- When registering player will nominate up to 3 friends to play with, the club can not guarantee allocation with all 3 but will where possible assign players to a minimum of 2 of those friends.
- Number of players per team will be kept as even as possible and no team will have more than 12 players, especially if other teams in that division have less than 12.
- Any request for allocation to a lower or higher age group must be made to the Registrar in writing and the decision will be made at the discretion of the Committee. Requests to play in a lower age group are generally only approved in exceptional circumstances and the committee decision is final.